Power back in Grand Haven | News
GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (WZZM) -- Power has been restored in Grand Haven, but work continues on an equipment failure that caused a good portion of the city to be without power overnight.
According to a spokesperson for Grand Haven Light & Power, the problem started at about 11:30pm when a piece of equipment on a transmission line coming into the plant failed. That knocked the plant off the grid and all customers south of the Grand River lost power, about 9,400 customers. Circuits were gradually restored at about 4:30am.
Some of the circuits are running on a spare cable right now, so the situation is not entirely fixed. The plant hopes to be back completely online by the end of the day.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project