"Pay-back" chair placed in home's driveway | News
GRAND HAVEN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) - A Grand Haven Township man who is hanging chairs from his property as a political symbol got an unwanted surprise Wednesday morning. Ken David says someone dropped a chair off at his driveway with the words "racist pig" and "four more years" on it. David opposes President Obama's policies, but he denies that the display has anything to do with race. David says it was simply an expression of freedom and he says whoever targeted him took it a step too far.
"We are not racist. We're exactly the opposite of it. The people that are the racists are the one's doing this kind of stuff, and the people that are racist are the ones calling people racist, not the people like myself, I'm no racist," says David.
David also says one of his chairs was stolen several weeks ago. He says he's still deciding whether or not to take the hanging chairs down.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project