"Pay-back" chair placed in home's driveway | News
GRAND HAVEN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) - A Grand Haven Township man who is hanging chairs from his property as a political symbol got an unwanted surprise Wednesday morning. Ken David says someone dropped a chair off at his driveway with the words "racist pig" and "four more years" on it. David opposes President Obama's policies, but he denies that the display has anything to do with race. David says it was simply an expression of freedom and he says whoever targeted him took it a step too far.
"We are not racist. We're exactly the opposite of it. The people that are the racists are the one's doing this kind of stuff, and the people that are racist are the ones calling people racist, not the people like myself, I'm no racist," says David.
David also says one of his chairs was stolen several weeks ago. He says he's still deciding whether or not to take the hanging chairs down.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrating Earth Week at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign