"Pay-back" chair placed in home's driveway | News
GRAND HAVEN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) - A Grand Haven Township man who is hanging chairs from his property as a political symbol got an unwanted surprise Wednesday morning. Ken David says someone dropped a chair off at his driveway with the words "racist pig" and "four more years" on it. David opposes President Obama's policies, but he denies that the display has anything to do with race. David says it was simply an expression of freedom and he says whoever targeted him took it a step too far.
"We are not racist. We're exactly the opposite of it. The people that are the racists are the one's doing this kind of stuff, and the people that are racist are the ones calling people racist, not the people like myself, I'm no racist," says David.
David also says one of his chairs was stolen several weeks ago. He says he's still deciding whether or not to take the hanging chairs down.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Zeeland: City to unlock time capsule July 24
- My Town Holland: Vanderbilt Charter Academy celebrates new playground
- My Town Zeeland: Countdown on to splash pad opening next week
- My Town Holland: Hope College student headed to Broadway
- My Town Holland: $40K grant approved for DeGraaf Nature Center improvements
- My Town: Free Hand delivers free performance July 24
- My Town Walker: Blandford Nature Center member appreciation day July 26
- My Town Walker: Salon opens in Green Ridge Square Shopping Center
- My Town: Construction company donates talents to West Michigan's homeless
- My Town: Free adoption weekend a success for Humane Society of West Michigan