USA Today writer tours lakeshore | News
GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (WZZM)- A USA Today travel writer exploring West Michigan will soon tell millions of readers about his experience.
Tuesday, Ben Mutzabaugh checked out Grand Rapids. Wednesday he toured Grand Haven. Murzabaugh wanted a chance to see our region's lakeshore and beach-front. His travel and airline blog will feature West Michigan which won the honor through an online contest.
"I'm going to go back and have a lot to write about when it's time to put together this story. Just from what there is to see and to let people know from outside the region to say 'Hey, there's more here than you may have expected.' This will be a fun piece to put together and to let people know what is going on in this part of the country."
Mutzabaugh leaves Thursday. He will visit will Gerald R. Ford International Airport officials before his flight back to Virginia.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project