USA Today writer tours lakeshore | News
GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (WZZM)- A USA Today travel writer exploring West Michigan will soon tell millions of readers about his experience.
Tuesday, Ben Mutzabaugh checked out Grand Rapids. Wednesday he toured Grand Haven. Murzabaugh wanted a chance to see our region's lakeshore and beach-front. His travel and airline blog will feature West Michigan which won the honor through an online contest.
"I'm going to go back and have a lot to write about when it's time to put together this story. Just from what there is to see and to let people know from outside the region to say 'Hey, there's more here than you may have expected.' This will be a fun piece to put together and to let people know what is going on in this part of the country."
Mutzabaugh leaves Thursday. He will visit will Gerald R. Ford International Airport officials before his flight back to Virginia.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Vanderbilt Charter Academy celebrates new playground
- My Town Zeeland: Countdown on to splash pad opening next week
- My Town Holland: Hope College student headed to Broadway
- My Town Holland: $40K grant approved for DeGraaf Nature Center improvements
- My Town Zeeland: Fire Rescue PIG OUT Fundraiser July 17
- My Town Walker: Blandford Nature Center member appreciation day July 26
- My Town Walker: Salon opens in Green Ridge Square Shopping Center
- My Town: Construction company donates talents to West Michigan's homeless
- My Town: Free adoption weekend a success for Humane Society of West Michigan
- Kenowa Hills music booster accused of stealing $100K