Our network

Fire badly damages Ottawa County home | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Fire badly damages Ottawa County home
News


ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Fire crews in northern Ottawa County say a wood burning stove may have caused a house fire.

It broke out around 8:20 Monday night on 144th Avenue just south of Lincoln Street. That's southeast of Grand Haven. Robinson Township firefighters say the homeowner heard popping noises in an attached garage before noticing flames shooting from the back of the building.

The fire eventually spread to the home causing heavy damage. Firefighters estimate a 70% loss. The only person at home at the time did make it out safely.


News