Virtual Tour of Egypt at Spring Lake District Library | Events
Spring Lake, MI--No passport is required for the virtual tour of Egypt hosted by Spring Lake District Library on Wed., April 27 at 7:00 p.m. Dr. James Goode will be the tour guide for an insider’s look at this popular tourist destination. From the pyramids to lesser known attractions, Dr. Goode will share his expertise about the country, its people and customs during this richly illustrated presentation. Dr. Goode will share Egyptian artifacts from his previous trips to Egypt.
Dr. Goode is a Professor of History and Coordinator of the Middle East Studies Program at Grand Valley State University. He is the author of the book Negotiating for the Past: Archaeology, Nationalism, and Diplomacy in the Middle East, 1919-1941. Whether you’re an armchair traveler or planning to take a trip, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn more about this fascinating country from an expert.
For more information about this program, call the library at (616) 846-5770, ext. 107. The library is located at 123 E. Exchange Street in Spring Lake.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project