Virtual Tour of Egypt at Spring Lake District Library | Events
Spring Lake, MI--No passport is required for the virtual tour of Egypt hosted by Spring Lake District Library on Wed., April 27 at 7:00 p.m. Dr. James Goode will be the tour guide for an insider’s look at this popular tourist destination. From the pyramids to lesser known attractions, Dr. Goode will share his expertise about the country, its people and customs during this richly illustrated presentation. Dr. Goode will share Egyptian artifacts from his previous trips to Egypt.
Dr. Goode is a Professor of History and Coordinator of the Middle East Studies Program at Grand Valley State University. He is the author of the book Negotiating for the Past: Archaeology, Nationalism, and Diplomacy in the Middle East, 1919-1941. Whether you’re an armchair traveler or planning to take a trip, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn more about this fascinating country from an expert.
For more information about this program, call the library at (616) 846-5770, ext. 107. The library is located at 123 E. Exchange Street in Spring Lake.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Muskegon: Health experts share Muskegon County disease trends April 24
- Muskegon Heights Charter school reviewing ways to reduce debt
- Charter operator says Musk. Hts. owes $2 million
- My Town: Muskegon Area Earth Week includes beach cleanups and gardening workshops
- Dozens of propane tanks floating in the Muskegon River
- Celebrating Earth Week at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign