New children's series filmed in West Michigan | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)-West Michigan is the focus of a new children's video series.
A crew is wrapping up filming for the new show called "Charlie & Company". The seven part series is about a golden retriever and his friends who go on adventures, learning along the way.
The production team spent the past two weeks shooting scenes in Norton Shores, Holland, Grand Haven and Grand Rapids. The show's lead actress, producer and writer are all from West Michigan.
"I think today has been my most exciting day so far because we're up, we're moving along and we're having fun," says Danielle Slot, who plays Miss Ellie in the series.
"This is a great chance to teach kids but also to have a lot of fun, and that's what we're doing here," adds producer Adam Mellema.
School Zone Publications is expected to release "Charlie & Company" next summer.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign
- My Town Walker: Invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town Walker: Students to duct tape principal to a pole