School Zone Partners With Kiwanis to Help Kids | Business
GRAND HAVEN — School Zone Publishing Company, an industry-leading publisher of early educational workbooks, flash cards, software and apps, has donated hundreds of titles for children at Saturday’s Winterfest Kids' Day.
The donation includes math, spelling and other skill-building flash cards and workbooks for children ages 3 to 12. Members of the Tri-Cities Kiwanis approached School Zone’s president and CEO, Jonathan Hoffman, last year about a community outreach partnership.
School Zone donated educational resources for a giveaway last summer at the Kiwanis-sponsored Kelly Miller Circus on Harbor Island in Grand Haven.
“We give without hesitation,” Hoffman said. “The Tri-Cities Kiwanis has a mission School Zone believes in deeply — helping children, especially those in need.”
The Tri-Cities Kiwanis sponsors Winterfest Kids' Day, which will be held 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012, at the Tri-Cities Family YMCA in Grand Haven. The event includes food, a karate demonstration, and the popular “Race of Kings” gerbil and hamster races.
The Tri-Cities Kiwanis is a service organization comprised of volunteers from Grand Haven, Spring Lake and Ferrysburg. Its objective is to bring aid to children in need. The organization sponsors fundraising activities to provide support for children’s programs.
School Zone Publishing Company is a leading provider of educational products for preschoolers through sixth graders. Since 1979, this family-run, Grand Haven-based company has sold more than 315 million educational software programs, workbooks, flash cards and games for children. Trusted by teachers and parents, School Zone leads the industry in quality content at affordable prices.
For more information about educational materials for mobile learning apps and the wide selection of supplemental materials that School Zone offers, visit www.schoolzone.com.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Vanderbilt Charter Academy celebrates new playground
- My Town Zeeland: Countdown on to splash pad opening next week
- My Town Holland: Hope College student headed to Broadway
- My Town Holland: $40K grant approved for DeGraaf Nature Center improvements
- My Town Zeeland: Fire Rescue PIG OUT Fundraiser July 17
- My Town Walker: Blandford Nature Center member appreciation day July 26
- My Town Walker: Salon opens in Green Ridge Square Shopping Center
- My Town: Construction company donates talents to West Michigan's homeless
- My Town: Free adoption weekend a success for Humane Society of West Michigan
- Kenowa Hills music booster accused of stealing $100K