Loutit District Library to offer pastel workshop February 23 | Arts & Culture
GRAND HAVEN, MI -- Registration is now open for “A Pastel Experience,” a workshop instructed by local artist Patricia Dee on Feb. 23 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Loutit District Library.
The course provides information and instruction as well as the handling and application. Students will learn about the origins of pastels and the different types available, as well as show various applications styles.
Students will have the opportunity to paint on more than one type of paper and experience the difference between painting on white and tinted papers.
Course topics include: Types of Pastels, Material cautions, handling, Supports – paper, sanded – rigid, Painting with Pastels – applications/strokes – under-painting, Tools – brush, spray, peanuts, gloves, tape, ruler, and Matting/Framing. At day’s end, everyone will leave with a painting.
Class is limited to 12 students. There is $10.00 material fee due at the time of registration. To register, visit LDL’s Public Computing attendant on the library’s lower level.
Dee has studied with many nationally known Artists with much focus given to figurative works. Her media of choice is pastel but she also works in oil, mixed media, acrylic, ink, encaustic and photography. She shows in local, regional and national shows, this year she has been the recipient of several awards.
Dee teaches at the Holland Area Arts Council, Grand Haven Area Arts Council and gives private lessons. She holds memberships with Grand Valley Artists, Inc., Great Lakes Pastel Society and Lakeland Artists. The Gallery Uptown has her work on display.
Loutit District Library is located at 407 Columbus Avenue in Grand Haven, Michigan. The library serves 35,510 residents of the City of Grand Haven, the City of Ferrysburg, Grand Haven Charter Township, Robinson Township and that part of Port Sheldon Township in the Grand Haven Area Public School district. For more information, visit the LDL website at www.loutitlibrary.org.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Snow could impact spring sports season
- My Town Holland: Second in command visits Holland March 11
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- NOW ENROLLING FOR 2014 SPRING QUARTER
- Sen. Hansen applauds Senate passage of bills to increase access to health care
- Local students explore North America through giant map
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market