Learn the Art of Rug Hooking @ SLDL | Arts & Culture
Spring Lake, MI--The cold snowy winter months are a perfect time to learn a new craft. Fiber artist Christine Hornby will share the art of rug hooking during a two-part class at Spring Lake District Library. The class will be held on Jan. 12 and Jan. 19 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Hornby will provide each student with a kit containing the materials and pattern to create a small red heart on a hit and miss background. Pre-registration is required and a $5 materials fee is due at the time of the class on Jan. 12.
Artist Chris Hornby has exhibited her art work at the Grand Rapids Art Museum and teaches a variety of classes in Southwest Michigan. To learn more about Hornby’s work, visit her website at www.greendragonflystudio.com.
Register for the rug hooking class online at www.sllib.org or call the library at (616) 846-5770. The library is located at 123 E. Exchange St. in Spring Lake.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project