Outdoor author to speak at Loutit District Library | Arts & Culture
GRAND HAVEN, Mich. – The public is invited to join PBS-Featured Michigan author Doc Fletcher as he presents his Paddling Michigan's Hidden Beauty program at the Loutit District Library on Thursday, April 12 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. in the Library’s Program Room A.
The program will be an hour-long photographic journey down rivers selected from his canoeing and kayaking books. Program attendees will find out what makes each of these rivers uniquely fun. Histories of riverside towns along the way are also shared.
At the end of the program will be a drawing for a free canoe or kayak trip, good for a day trip down one of Michigan Rivers. After the drawing, Fletcher will sign and sell copies of his books.
For more information, visit www.loutitlibrary.org or call 616-842-5560, ext. 214.
Loutit District Library is located at 407 Columbus Avenue in Grand Haven, Michigan. The library serves 35,540 residents of the City of Grand Haven, the City of Ferrysburg, Grand Haven Charter Township, Robinson Township and that part of Port Sheldon Township in the Grand Haven Area Public School District.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Vanderbilt Charter Academy celebrates new playground
- My Town Zeeland: Countdown on to splash pad opening next week
- My Town Holland: Hope College student headed to Broadway
- My Town Holland: $40K grant approved for DeGraaf Nature Center improvements
- My Town Zeeland: Fire Rescue PIG OUT Fundraiser July 17