Outdoor author to speak at Loutit District Library | Arts & Culture
GRAND HAVEN, Mich. – The public is invited to join PBS-Featured Michigan author Doc Fletcher as he presents his Paddling Michigan's Hidden Beauty program at the Loutit District Library on Thursday, April 12 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. in the Library’s Program Room A.
The program will be an hour-long photographic journey down rivers selected from his canoeing and kayaking books. Program attendees will find out what makes each of these rivers uniquely fun. Histories of riverside towns along the way are also shared.
At the end of the program will be a drawing for a free canoe or kayak trip, good for a day trip down one of Michigan Rivers. After the drawing, Fletcher will sign and sell copies of his books.
For more information, visit www.loutitlibrary.org or call 616-842-5560, ext. 214.
Loutit District Library is located at 407 Columbus Avenue in Grand Haven, Michigan. The library serves 35,540 residents of the City of Grand Haven, the City of Ferrysburg, Grand Haven Charter Township, Robinson Township and that part of Port Sheldon Township in the Grand Haven Area Public School District.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Local students explore North America through giant map
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project