Social Networking - Impact on Labor & Employment Presentation | Business
Steve Palazzolo, Sr. Counsel, with Warner Norcross & Judd, presents on Social Networking – Labor & Employment Issues this Friday, the 7th of January at 2E Network - A Social Media Workshop, a program presented by The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven Spring Lake Ferrysburg, open to the public.
2E Network – A Social Media Workshop is held the first Friday of the month to educate the community on the impact and importance of social media platforms in today’s business world. Business professionals and community members come together from 7:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. to invest in their social media education and skills from qualified guest presenters, group breakout activities and the opportunity to network face-to-face and through social media.
This month’s guest speaker is Steve Palazzolo, Sr. Counsel with Warner Norcross & Judd, presenting on Social Networking – Labor & Employment Issues. “The use of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn has expanded rapidly in recent years,” Palazzolo commented, adding that from these communications forms, a host of legal issues have arisen. Palazzolo, emphasizes counseling clients on employee relation issues, policy development, NLRB, ADA, FMLA, and international labor relations. He currently provides counsel to a variety of leading Midwest businesses.
As the popularity of these sites increase, the use increases as well, easily shifting from personal to business. A survey found that over half of all employers used social networking platforms to screen applicants. “While such sites may provide useful information, employers must exercise caution to avoid running afoul of privacy, anti-discrimination, and other laws,” Palazzolo stressed.
2E Network - A Social Media Workshop, focusing on Social Networking - Labor & Employment will be held at JSJ Corporation in Grand Haven, Friday January 7th from 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Palazzolo described the overall focus of this workshop as “…how and why employers are using social networking sites, [to] discuss the laws implicated by such use, and review best practices for employers that do monitor employee’s use of these sites.”
If interested in registering for 2E Nework - A Social Media Workshop or if further information is requested, please contact Courtney at email@example.com or 616-842-4910. This session will be held at JSJ Corporation on Robbins Road in Grand Haven, Michigan. Chamber members receive a discounted rate of $15 per session and community members are $20 a session. A continental breakfast will be provided and participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or smart phone.
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project