Sidewalks are Closed in Grand Haven? | Community Spirit
Why does Grand Haven have a construction sign up right now indicating that the sidewalks are closed? Plenty of people are walking on the sidewalks. After all, it is summer in downtown Grand Haven and the weather has been fantastic!
I noticed the sign while sitting in the "Grand" Restaurant the other evening, enjoying their delightful Spicy Crab Roll and a Lemon Drop. (They make the best fresh Lemon Drops and if you have not tried one, put it on your list). The "Sidewalk Closed" sign was in full view of my quaint & romantic window table.
Yes - the sidewalk and road construction is talking place in downtown Grand Haven, everyone knows it, but folks are still enjoying the great restaurants, meeting the out of townee's, the view of the boats on the channel and our one and only historical musical fountain.
So, my question is: Do you care that the sidewalks in downtown Grand Haven are closed?
Upcoming Events near Grand Haven
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project